Sunday, July 27, 2008

Building a Family

Today I went out with an old uni-mate, Erin. Been maybe half a year since I last saw her, and naturally, one of our topics of conversation fell to when I'm gonna have kids (again! yes, lots of people have asked that same question too). Ya, I know I'm one of the very very minority in today's generation of youths who got married a wee bit too early (at the age of 24 *gasp*) but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm ready to heat up my oven and pop one out anytime soon! I mean, sure kids are cute when they're like 1 to 3 years old? But everytime I go out and see parents having to deal with difficult kids who don't wanna go home from the shopping complex or who's wailing their heads off so their parents will buy them another useless toy, I can't help but think, is it worth it to subject myself to this kind of life for the remainder of my life..

Although I'm only 26, my mom's been hinting already that I should start "trying". Y'know, time to start a prototype *egad*. Sure I know lots of people have said that having kids make your life more fulfilling somehow, to be the person responsible for your offspring's upbringing, but imagine how much of my own time I'd need to sacrifice for a baby. Everything me and hubby do would be centered around this kid and we're just not ready to do that :)

I guess everything has its pros and cons, no? But would anybody want to bring a child into this world if he or she wasn't ready to give all her attention and love to it? Well, I'm sure that I don't want to be a parent who gives birth to a child when I'm not ready to give my all. Anyway, the time will come when a lil counter terrorist will be running around my house, just not.. right.. now..

2 comments:

Eryn said...

Wow. You started blogging in Jan 08. Now baru you tell me your blog's link. >__<

I supposed we are not buddies eh? =( sobs

Modern Mom said...

not that lar.. just nothing to boast about mar.. my blog is a bit boring ya.. hehe