Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Pretenders

Have you ever met someone who puts on a fake smile ALL the freaking time? Someone who lets out a fake laugh, who sings fake praises, who puts on a fake walk? Well, I've met my fair share in my quarter of a century of my life in this world. But I've never had to WORK with one before. It's a real pain in the ass, really. Or rather, pain in the ears. Her voice is just so freaking piercing and high pitched. And her laughter is always dripping with sweet treacle and honey..

I'm sure some people, be they from the male or female species kinda thrive on this kind of fake praises, but I'm definitely not one of them. No way, I prefer the people who are the "what you see is what you get" kind. Anyway, my boss once told me that there are a lot of kinds of people in the world. And you get the first hand experience dealing with them at your workplace. I guess that's how we mature, by tolerating all these kind of weird people.

So to all the pretenders out there, "Fang xin". I will tolerate you, even though I don't like you. Haha..

3 comments:

RaiNboW said...

Haha.. i know who u r talking abt as we work in the same department. The truth is, I can't stand the voice lah.. but nevertheless i'm stuck here so i NEED to tolerate with it. But luckily not for u..

S.I.E.N~

RaiNboW said...

and yes, I am the first to put comment.
see how nice i am to u.. when i first set up my blog no one put any comment until like months later...

Modern Mom said...

yala, i know u are the best lar.. my ju ju.. hehe