Wednesday, January 30, 2008

True Friendship

What is the meaning of true friendship? Here's my take on it..

I believe true friendship is being able to share your deepest, most intimate feelings with someone, a friend whom you can rely on to be the understanding listener. The friend who does not judge your actions, or your thoughts. The friend who can sync his / her thoughts with yours, who can sometimes practically finish your sentences for you. The friend who understands your fears and your joys. The friend you never get bored hanging out with.

How many of our friends can we truly call our true friends? I could count all of mine on the fingers of one hand. :) Sure, it's limited, but then, I'm a picky person. And it's ok, coz I'd rather have these few true friends than having a hundred acquantainces whom I can't connect with, whom I can only smile and say hello and exchange a few pleasantries with.

There is however, a catch. I believe true friends must be of the same gender. I've found out that 2 people of the opposite sex just can't keep things platonic, at least through some of my own experiences. So, to all my true friends out there, you know who you are, friends forever! :)

2 comments:

naiibu.chan said...

A true friend from the opposite gender? Nope, it's not possible. Unless of course, one of you is gay! Hey, just take a look at My Best Friend's Wedding, Grey's Anatomy and that cheesy One Tree Hill. All of them ended up humping one another. Even Dr Chua couldn't keep his pants on around his "personal friend". But I guess that's a different case altogether ;P

Dav DiDi said...

Hello ..

I once wrote about friendship thing in my blog..check it out Friendship